Tolat's wrath

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:38:56 +0000

"Ilav Topix"

> My PCs enrage the Amazons of Trowjang and damaged Tolat Cult
> in Teshnos. Do any of you think that this fact could have side
> effects in the west, when and if they return, through the cults
> of Orlanth and Shargash (that, I read somewhere, are connected
> to Tolat in a way I do not dare to fathom myself)?

Shargash would be more likely to be cast in this role than Orlanth - it is Shargash who combines "Thunderer" with "that big red Southpath Planet", I'm not aware of Tolat thundering anywhere else. So the Orlanth cult would be safe. Don't start to summon "Bronze Treasure" in Prax.

As soon as they enter the Otherworld, any encounter which remotely resembles Tolat might be cast with vengeful questers from Trowjang.

But in a quest which would normally attract Alkothi resistance, all of a sudden the opponents might be female and devoid of those curly, oiled beards. And the old anti-Shargash tricks (like calling on Oslira, or some Darjiinian scapegoat for Shargash to chase after while the quest proceeds) would be useless.

On the other hand, unless the culprits enter inner Alkoth (which is not quite part of the Surface World) I find it unlikely that any Shargashi in ordinary life would despise them for deeds in Trowjang. (For being non-Alkothi scum, though...)