Polaris vs. YT

From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_dttus.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2000 12:27:00 -0600

     I said:

     << Wouldn't the fact that Bellex Maximus is the head of both YT's cult
     and the Army overall imply that YT's cult is the primary commander
     corps, from 'colonel' all the way to 'joint chiefs'? >>

     To which Nick B said: < That's certainly how I see it. Yanafali can of
     course join Yelmic army cults as associates, so the idea that several
     senior Yanafali would *also* be worshippers of Polaris doesn't present
     any problems at all. >

     Ah, that makes sense.  Another way to look at it is that people who
     are too enthusiastically devoted to the activities at one point in
     their career will maybe not be able to repackage themselves at another
     point.

     So, in HW terms, a Yanafali devotee who goes so far as to learn the
     Secret has inherently committed himself to a life of charging into
     battle at the head of a pack.  Whereas a more ambitious one, with eyes
     on the generalship, might be a devotee of YT at one point, but later
     would join the cult of Polaris; and perhaps would switch his/her
     devotion to Polaris, and learn the secret of Polaris instead.

     I like it - it definitely reinforces the political implications of the
     cults within the empire.

     Regards,
     Theo

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #392