Re: Hero Wars character creation

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:43:07 -0800

Nick Brooke wrote:

> 'Zat the "f**ing hundred-word essay" system? If so, you're not alone...
> that's probably as effective a way of getting newbies into Glorantha as
> bundling a free copy of "Glorious ReAscent" with the rules would be.

Don't take this the wrong way, Nick, but I never knew you to be at such a loss for words that you couldn't write 100...

Almost everyone in our group viewed it with some distaste -- before we used it. In fact, it's not nearly so hard as it seems (except perhaps for the terminally verbose back-story writers -- hi JR). And it works well and helps make the game unique. It's even subject to minimaxing! And for those who are terminally weird, we've had poems and sort of stream of consciousness. Besides, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.