Holding Breath (and Blowing it)

From: Hughes, John (NAT) <"Hughes,>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:14:41 +1100

Heys folks

ORLANTH IMPRISONED: ERRATTA On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:34:06 +1100, the fumble-brained "Hughes, John (NAT)" (not his real name) intoned:

>For player characters, this uncertainty is very real. Is their God
weakened?
>Is the Moon triumphant? But what is the reason? It might be:

>a) The Lord has been imprisoned by Nysalora and her minions. He is
weakened,
>wounded, dying.

>b) Orlanth is punishing the clan for abandoning his ways.

>c) Orlanth is strengthening and testing his faithful before the Great
Storm.

>d) the most desperate, the most poetic, the most hopeful explanation comes
>from Braggi Afraid of the Dark. If you are about to blow hard, he says, you
>breathe in deep. You *hold your breath for a moment.* Then you blooooow!
>Orlanth is merely drawing in breath, holding it, waiting to unleash the
>Hurricane of Change. It's the Calm Before The Storm.

He left one out of course, so let me invoke cc, the secret letter between c and d that only the baboons know of.

cc) The lack of worshippers and especially rune levels throughout Far Point has weakened the magic flux: normal transmission will be resumed as soon as enough kinder are born and initiated.

(This reinforces the basic point that as far as player characters are concerned, there could be any number of different causes.)

Wake up Hughes! Read yerrr posts before you hit that send button!

Apart from that, Yeah, I agree.

The Other John

OTHER UNSPEAKABLES Nick:

>Send the two
>of us through a experimental teleporter together (a la "The Fly") and you'd
>have Issaries' Ideal Customer; and something else altogether...

And that 'something else all together' would no doubt be worthy of inclusion in Anaxial's Roster. The mind boggles. (Well, mine does).

> nysalor_at_primus.com.au John Hughes
> nysalor_at_yahoo.com
> johnp.hughes_at_dva.gov.au
>
> I will make incursions / throught the fertile land of Ireland
> my battalions all in arms / my amazons beside me.
Not just to steal a bull / not over beasts this battle -