Re: traitorous traders

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:37:13 GMT

Theo Posselt on exports:
> what about Kralorela? silk would be stereotypically correct...

Yes, it would: see Chi Ting, the residence of the Emperor. (G:G bk 2, p24.)

> perhaps manufactured items?

Such as?

Substantial Kralori trade is problematic, given their 'foreign devils are worthless', and 'outside world can go hang' attitudes, but as Peter notes, some does occur. Exactly what, and how much, I'm a great deal less certain of.

> > Peloria: wine
>
> really? in RW most wine regions are coastal, esp. in ancient history.
> I'm not much of a wine expert, but wouldn't Esrolia have a better
> wine climate?

Probably, Esrolia certainly does produce (and export) wine, as does the odd spot in for example Sartar. Pelorian wines we seem to be stuck with, regardless. It has warmer summers than you'd expect from its location; not sure other climatological factors necessarily make 100% sense, but there you go.

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #403