Spolite Empire (resend)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:48:00 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>Existence of Ganesatarus had pinnacle in Feudal Pelanda as Spolite
>Empire and Carmanian Dark Shahs.

Pelanda wasn't actually feudal before the Carmanians came, it was (and still is) a land of disorganized city states.

>I guess this monarchs used this by Nysalorian Practical reason,
>and used all "evil" measures including for Orlanthi "chaos" and
>Dara Happans "Darkness and Otherness" , for Malkioni "art of
>Krjalki and Jraktal (tap)"....

Jraktal is a god of Fonrit, worshipped by the Artmali, and his tapping magics are not the same as the Malkioni magics. I suspect the worship of Xiola Umbar is somehow involved based on the Dara Happan name for the practice and the existance of the friendship between Xiola Umbar and Yelm.

>2: Godlearnish Demonology: using Magic of Poisonous Water (YarGan)
>and Yara Aranis, Gorgorma for Pentan and Char Un horseriders.

I think God Learner demonology is inappropiate for these gods because they involve commanding demons whereas the listed gods are those you sell your soul to.

>3: Sorcery Magic: Connection to corrupted Jakareeli and Blue Moon
>Assassins. Ikadz cult torturers and magic of agony.

Jakaleel is shamanism rather than sorcery (Enclosure #1 is apparently wrong) and I don't think the Blue Moon Assassins are sorcerers. The Spolites will have contacts with them and sorcerers nevertheless.

>4: Spirit Magic of Evil Man: Gorakiki and Malia desease spirit (as
>King of Fly)

Kazkurtum takes the form of an insect so he would be appropiate here.

>6: Jernotian Worst cyclical magic: "Ganesatarus is incarnate of
>Jernotius"

I doubt that Ganesatarus is an incarnation of Jernotia as she was a foe of the Blue King, his chief worshipper. You might get away with an incarnation of Natha.

>Fronelan undersociety is full of Ganesatarian Minions (without most
>noticing)
>- -....Most strong cult center is Loskalm Northpoint.

I'm rather skeptical. Ganesatarus was originally known as Estoro and because there are a range of hills north of Pelanda (and conveniently near Spol), I suspect that the centre of the Ganesatarus cult lies there.