HW - Coders

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:15:33 EST

Hannu:
>>I would like to see the Coders' stats in HW system. They were very nicely
>>rounded (mini-maxed :-)) out in StIP. I really liked them. Is MOB going to
>>do these as a separate effort or will they be in as "heroes" in the Lunar
>>book.

MOB:
>I agree, I think it would be interesting seeing the Coders expressed using
>the HW rules. I haven't been asked to, and as I've not been involved in
>the development of the HW rules or playtesting the system, I don't think
>I'd be qualified to rewrite them anyway; at least, not until the game comes
>out.

We're all looking forward to the final rules! Once we've got em, we can actually finish the cults we've been writing for weeks now.

>I'm also not part of any group writing background material for HW, so I
>don't know if the Coders even exist in the "new" Glorantha. But I hope so!

They do in my Glorantha. I've used them to upset my players several times. Wesley REALLY hated Julan, who I put an "Ace" Rimmer spin on - "What a guy", complete with tasteful hairstyle, jutting jaw, flash duds and sexual appeal. Annoying bastard.

As far as I can see, once the rules are out, Glorantha is still the product of the individual GM and I'd be amazed if the Coders weren't translated into the new rules either in a later suppliment or in a fan product (Questlines 3 perhaps?)

Martin Laurie

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #407