KODP List / Vingan Kings

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:08:14 -0500

> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:54:15 +0100
> From: "Jose Ramos" <jramos_at_iqe.es>
> Subject: Feminism in KoDP
>
> I know that there is a KoDP list, but I could not join when it was set
> up (or it has traffic zero), and anyway I think this touches with a
> greater mythic landscape.

I moderate the KODP list. So far, none of the other 98 people have had trouble joining. If you like, I will add you to the list manually.

> When playing with a female tribal king (a Vingan) in KoDP, I have
> found that you are unable to resolve the warring tribes event (where you
> should make peace between them, ideally by building a town). Both tribes
> agree to come to my sacred hill, they don't, and next year the war starts
> again.

I've done it as both a Vingan AND an Ernaldan AND an Elmali. I suggest that you might take the question over to the KODP list where folks will be happy to help you. My take is that you need to have a GOOD diplimat and some very peaceful orented emissaries (My game auto-selected the Chalana Arroy and Issaries types, even though the CAs were NOT my best diplomats)

> I suppose it is a "defence mechanism" to avoid entering the kingmaking
> step of the game when the king is a queen, but it rises several questions.
> If kinghood is decided by marriage to the Feathered Horse Queen, evidently

Nope. Sorry, my game HAS a Female Queen who just won. As have several other folks on the list. I suspect that the rest of your arguments may be more suprious than you think...

(wierd discourse on Vinga deleted)

Jeff Kyer