Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #409

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:42:21 -0500

> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:30:29 -0600
> From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
> Subject: What the hearthspirit saw
>
> Heys folks
>
> LESBIAN VINGA
>
> Jose Ramos:
>
> >And tying it up, Vinga is the refuge of lesbian women among the
> >orlanthi, I suppose, and I suppose there are some rituals to assume more
> >or less masculine roles, as she has both a feminine and masculine side.
>
> I'm not sure that I understand why this would be, even assuming that
> Orlanthi *did* label people by their sexual orientation, or accepted the
> same genderisation of roles and attributes as sections of our society do.
> Is there some pervasive equivalence we should accept between powerful
> ('masculine') women and dykedom? I don't want to misread or misrepresent
> your views, but I'd like to hear why you think this is so.

Indeed. Particulary as the KODP references are (somewhat) flawed. As to strong women automticallybeing precieved (sp!) being dykes, I find that funny in the extreme and somehow sad but I shall mention it to Caycee, the resident Vingan.

Excellent (and FUNNY!) article on Gloranthan Sexuality deleted.

Thanks for the article. I'll be snapping that into the big book of comfortable lies that I give to my players.

Jeff