Kralori in Pavis, Outlaw Hunt, Lunar/Solar Sex

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:16:53 -0000

Nick Davison:

> Subject: Kralori merchant
> Can anyone please tell me whereabouts the above is in Pavis/Big Rubble?

The Kralori merchant's leter is on the back cover of the P&BR book, or the original Pavis box.

Christoph Kohring:

> What is the "Pavis Outlaw Hunt" adventure? Where can it be found?

The "Duck Hunt" scenario was in the Borderlands boxed scenario pack for RuneQuest. Moon Design Publications intend to reprint this as part of their Gloranthan Classics range in the next year or so. The original scenario has mercenaries serving the Lunar Duke Raus of Rone flushing out Duck pirates from their hideout in the bogs of the River of Cradles. One of the Ducks is Pinfeather (from Apple Lane); their booty includes the Governor's wife's erotic novelties.

Theo asks:

> Would a Dara Happan from the Tripolis who worships one of the Lunar gods
> (Teelo Norri, say) follow the Lunar or Solar view?

Yes.
Probably.
And he (or she) may be as confused as you about what's right, or may have never given it a moment's thought. And his (or her) family may not share his (or her) attitude.

The Lunar empire is a cultural and religious melting-pot. It's hard to be definitive or prescriptive about the sexual attitudes of its inhabitants. John has described two opposed positions which co-exist in the Empire ("Solar" and "Lunar"); there are of course many more in between, and on the further-out fringes as well.

Rather than speculate, why not explore?

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick