Ace Julan

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 02:01:10 EST

MOB:
>What a Complete Count
>Thanks Martin, for the Ace Rimmer spin! Now I look at it, it's so obvious.

It seemed to fit and the players all enjoyed the reference.

I'll tell the tale. Wes played a Humakti who was a rebel in Pavis, he and the other players were chased out by the Coders when their skills were in the 65% range.

Wes swore that he would meet Julan blade to blade and kill him. For the next three game years he relentlessly improved himself to become a Humakti killer.  Finally, on the Cradle he met Julan face to face in a desperate fight. Julan was cut off and surrounded by foes and just as Wes was about to go in for the kill, Julan said "I surrender, you may claim my ransom." Wes was apoplectic, he couldn't kill him honourably as the man had put down his sword!!!! He had to take him prisoner!

Worse was to come. Julan impressed everyone on board with his general manliness, proud bearing and amazing ease of communication. He made everyone feel good about themselves with some subtle observations and chat. Then the Cradle was assailed by the Gargarthi horde of the Raider Khan, a deadly Wild Hunt heroquester. Julan gave his parol, took a sword and held off the entire horde in one of the corridors while the others escaped with the wounded. He then gave up his sword and returned to his prison status after the crisis was over. The other players and crew constantly thanked him for his skills and the phrase, "What a guy" was used often, much to Wesleys seething annoyance. (Before you think I pick on Wes unfairly, he was and is only one of the players to have horrible things happen like this, the player of Argrath Dragonfriend in the Gwandor campaign was recently rescued by Whitebull in the wastes and placed under huge obligation to him as a result)

In my campaign Julan ended up joining the Wolf pirates with the rest of the Cradle group and soon rose to command his own ship and was instrumental in fighting the Elephants of Gurusharp in Teshnos.

>As Ace Coder says, "Undo my zipper, I'll be back for Broo-Fest..."

Exactly! Good one!

Martin Laurie