Love, barbarian style

From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_dttus.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2000 11:52:54 -0600

     Thomas say:

>> the Germanic/Nordic/Celtic world doesn't seem
>> too fond of homosexual/bisexual activity
>
> Beg to differ on this (at least on the Celts)
> (Cuchulainn kills Ferdia with his gae bolga, or
> belly-spear - fnarr, fnarr).
Good point... I knew I would be in trouble when I brought up the Celts, as I don't know much about them...
> in Njal's saga from Iceland, an insult by one male warrior to
> another saying "the Troll of that mountain uses you like
> a woman every fortnight", is enough to get a whole family killed.
That might get to the heart of the matter. Perhaps the Orlanthi would perceive that keeping your masculine position is more important than 'who you're rubbing genitals with', to quote John? Manzato says:
Actually, I think you're thinking of John Hughes' post... < KOS Story > This makes a lot of sense to me. Regards, Theo ------------------------------