KODP & Vinga

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:21:10 -0500

> Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:30:00 +0100
> From: "Jose Ramos" <jramos_at_iqe.es>
> Subject: Vinga clarification
>
> No, I was able to make them promise both to come to my sacred hill TEN
> times (and as many times one of them would not want peace, but I am used
> to that), and next season NOBODY appears, no event, nothing, just
> forgotten. And a season later, my losses repeat themselves, a new set of
> tribes is at war, and the ball keeps rolling.

Perhaps your game is buggy BUT sometimes the kings conveniently forget their promises and go back to happily slagging each other. Its a funny old world...

> I have won four times, at all levels of difficulty and as an elmali or
> earth clan, but all these times the Kings were male (and followers of gods
> different from Orlanth, too). As a matter of fact, the last games were
> experiments (such as, can I win with a warlike clan? or the last one, can
> a clan led by a woman win). This clan is on its way to become the owner of
> all the magic items in DP, as there is not much more to do (besides making
> money).

Mmmm. ALL the treasures. I'm *impressed* there's about 100 or so.

> And having the Rubble Runners attack twice every year (since the same time
> people refuse to visit me) makes me suspect I am in some kind of loop.

Ah no. That's just one of the things that you can find on your tula and it boils over like a pot. Eventually you WILL kill them off or they die out. But the chance is slim, no matter what you use to try and exerminate them. Eventually, EVENTUALLY, they go away.....

Eventually. Sigh. Highly annoying tho!

> Well, it seems this game is hosed, so I will have to try again. Perhaps an
> Ernaldan will do better.

I've done it... er.. won the game with a Vingan. On Hard.

> And this test is at Easy difficulty. And it was only an excuse to ask the
> real questions.

(snip)

> Is seducing Gagarth and attacking the Dark Woman creative heroquesting?
> What will happen to that child that will never be born? Are you weakening
> the Tusk Riders (or their Darkness link, or even increasing it) just by
> sending Vingans against Aroka?

Beats the heck out of me. I think you'd be weaking the tuskriders. But you know, I don't (in the context of a small, struggling clan) care.... I just want the drought to end! Or to get those pesky dragonnewts to stop being weird at me! Or whatever is threatening our clan this week...

Re lesbian Vingans: Whatever.

> Saying "Vinga can do the same things as Orlanth" raises these problems.
> So, where is the limit?

> And nobody has answered the question on Queenhood and how to get rid of
> the Feathered Horse Queen.

And if you continue playing the Vingan game with KODP, you WILL get your answer. Dave has given it earlier but I'm loath to give spoilers here... Its just not kosher.

Jeff