Re Knowledge is Power

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:52:11 EST

In a message dated 2/25/00 1:25:09PM, you write:
<<                       ....A Taxonomic Phylogeny of Gloranthan Fauna.

>The last one? :-P
>Uff!, this is real strange. I think it will be difficult but, well, who
>says roleplaying is easy anyway?

 Thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. The sorcerer gains power over  nature by subjecting it to rigorous logical analysis. Knowledge is power.   >>

I have a book by Clark Ashton Smith called "Tales of Science and Sorcery" and I am reminded of it whenever Gloranthan Sorcerers are being discussed. It seem sto me that certain sorcerors can be played as if they have a scientific world view; hypothesis, proofs, extraoplating data etc. In fact I think of the later God learners as people applying scientific methods to theistic worship - if I worship this being in this way then I get this result. This is logical but, clearly from the Godlearner example, flawed.

Anyway, Clark Ashton Smith, great author.

Keith N