Re: Monks and Nuns

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:10:51 EST

In a message dated 2/25/00 7:17:43PM, you write:

<< 3) Nuns. We actually have no evidence for monasteries of either sex in  Seshnela, but I think they're a neat gaming idea and reckon that the Rokari  are actually the most likely of the Malkioni sects to praise celibacy and  complete subservience to God as, at least, a valid life choice. Now, granted,
 life in a nunnery isn't exactly free of restrictions, but at least its free  of bossy blokes...
 4) Sorceresses. Malkioni may not allow female wizards, but the Zzaburi  Sorcerous Unions have no such exceptions >>

There are several (or at least one that I can think of) references to God Learner Monks, so I presume Malkioni monasteries. However, I had assumed that they were called 'Monks' because they were extremely dedicated and possibly lived an autere lifestyle. However, this wasn't always the case in the RW so I guess it may be misleading in Seshnela.

There are a couple of examples of what sound like Malkioni female sorceresses; Valastos of the Seven Pens, and either Moray or Telerio (whichever one was female) although they were supposedly Theomancers, whatever that implies about their Malkioni-ism.

Generally speaking though, I feel that the male dominated Malkioni structure is a nice weak spot for horrid, and female, Paganism to subvert society. I am thinking primarily of Witch/Pagan hunting plots.

Keith N

Keith N