Advertising your offspring

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:15:26 +0000

In message <200002270942.BAA31339_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes
>Advertising one's offspring's eligibility for marriage among your
>neighboring steads or tulas sounds like a job for my favorite over-
>looked cults Donandar and Uleria. Who better to sing the praises
>of your doe-eyed, sylph-like daughter (and describe her fine dowry)
>or your deer-swift, able-to-plow-from-Dawn-to-Dusk son far and wide
>than a bard?

A herald? Actually this sounds like a job that intersects the territory of Uleria and Issaries. Donander would provide the music for the wedding feast and (for a fee) write songs to sing under the young lady's window.

Wouldn't you go to Uleria for a divination to find out who would make your children the best mate and then to an Issaries go-between to negotiate with the parents. And then Lhankhor Mhy to draw up the marriage contract...

"Oh it all makes work for the working man to do..." - --
Michael Cule