Kill Kill Kill

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:59:08 EST

Martin Laurie:

<< You see the problem? To you Jar-eel is more interesting because she is diverse and has cool social skills. To me she's dull because most heroes are like that, I like the extreme, arbitrary dudes like Harrek best of all, or selfish bastards like Ethilrist or nutcase demons like Death on a Horse.

 Its a matter of taste as to what is interesting. >>

      Can't argue with the last sentence, but I do hope that most of the rest of the post referred to Martin's tastes as regards reading and writing fiction rather than his approach to writing She Guards Us ;-). Fortunately, from some previous off-digest communications with Martin, I'm fairly confident that his comments *were* at least partly tongue-in-cheek. SGU will, I'm sure, have plenty to interest those of us who don't share Martin's taste in heroes!

      Mind you, I can't help wondering what Martin thought of the character suggestions I sent him when he asked me for 'five characters you'd like to play in a Lunar game'. Not a weapon-wielder among them (albeit, I grant you one had a nasty line in offensive magic)...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky