agreeing with Alex

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:29:36 +0800

>> particularly given the Mystical slant
>> that Humakt has, his gifts and geas system is a form of austerity
>
>Hrm, yes and no. Mainly no, though, I reckon.

        I'm with Alex here, even though where exactly Alex is is somewhat vaguely defined.

        While I have certainly in the past claimed that Yelmalios gifts and geases are a form of mystic practice (that would probably be now referred to as an Austerity), and Humakt is a god who has been persistently rumoured to have a somewhat mystic slant (there are all those illumination rumours, anyway), I am not sure that this is the most productive way of understanding his gifts and geases. I think they are more in the nature of emulating Humakt rather than world denial.

        Humakt certainly has a transcendant aspect, and a big secret, and would be a prime candidate for mystic appreciation. I'm not at all convinced that that is what all those gifts and geases are about.

        Also, Alex discusses Heler as a model for homosexuality among the Orlanthi - I agree with Alex, Heler is more pansexual, and may be worshipped in both homosexual and heterosexual roles. I have used Heler as a great heterosexual lover role model in games.

	Cheers
		David