Malkioni and sex

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:03:46 GMT

Hi to all,

TTrotsky wrote:
<< There are four exceptions, IMO, to the usual rules of women being
subordinate too, and living with, men:
1) Foreigners. Who everybody knows are wickedly sinful.>>

Exactly. I have a fine legal case for this instance: Three characters:

1. Richenel Rick Ariquin, Rokari Knight of Seshnela
2. Sanya Arras, Priestess of Xentha and Princess of the Isle of Arras
3. Daz Regan: Melib ambassador at the court (esan) of Arras
The plot:
One of my Pcs, a Malkioni Rokari Knight called Richenel "Rick" Ariquin, after some years adventuring in Prax, went to Teshnos (at the service of a disgraced Teshnan Princess who needed mercenaries and friends to retake her island princedom from Trowjangians). There he helped the princess, who is called Sanya Arras (she worships Xentha: she is an exception in Teshnos and scorns both Pubnashab and Tolat); as a reward, Sanya ,a beautiful and nubilate woman, proposed him (Rick) to marry her. He accepted. Now Rick, a Rokari Knight, is the Prince (consort?) of a Xenthan Teshnan small island princedom. The relationship between he and his royal wife (Sanya) are rather difficult, but they are really in love one with the other. She is pregnant, at the moment. Even if in her isle there is a seductive Melib ambassador (known as Daz Regan...), I (a wicked GM according to all respects) restrain me from messing-up things more via an extraconiugal relationship between Degan and the princess (when the husband-Knight is abroad fighting the enemies of the Isle).
How would a (most brave :-)) GM in this fine pub-community handle all of this?

<<2) Widows without male relatives. Even then, only if they're tradeswoman
peasants with a means of independent support, and they don't mind people thinking them odd and other women suspecting them of doing scandalous things with their husbands. Otherwise, someone will adopt them.>>

What do you, Trotsky, mean by "adoption", in this instance? A patriarchal or "au-pair" relationship?

<<3) Nuns. We actually have no evidence for monasteries of either sex in
Seshnela, but I think they're a neat gaming idea and reckon that the Rokari are actually the most likely of the Malkioni sects to praise celibacy and complete subservience to God as, at least, a valid life choice. Now, granted, life in a nunnery isn't exactly free of restrictions, but at least its free of bossy blokes...>>

We have plenty of Nuns in the Solar areas: Malkioni are double difficult to define, in my opinion, because we should not make them similar to the Ourania or such ones. Any Solar Nuns expert wants to help us to define the limits of Yelmic "Nunship" (Nunnism, Nundom, Nunnery, Nunhood, boh?) ?

<<4) Sorceresses. Malkioni may not allow female wizards, but the Zzaburi
Sorcerous Unions have no such exceptions (well, maybe some do, but there's a few of them to pick from). Since, by definition, you aren't a normal member of society if you abandon the state religion in favour of an atheistic Union, its a fair bet they don't act like typical women and get more independence and opportunity. Of course most other people look at you funny for being a Godless Heathen, but there you are.>>

I don't know these Unions (syndicates?), but IMG most Western Sorcerers choose celibacy and refuse to recognize their sexuality. It's not a "cult obligation", but a necessity, in order to have their minds focussed on their discipline. So female sorcerers, as Lhankor Mhy do, would dress and behave (and be considered) as sexually male-neutral as their masculine counterparts.

Comments?
Ciao
Gian