Re: Praxians

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:04:36 -0800

Gian Gero thinks there's lots of rain in Prax, and writes:

> I read that Praxians hate townspeople and call them "Smelly"; that could be
> because Praxians (who love rain and pools water) like to wash themselves! (a
> thing that most RW desert nomads consider an extreme luxury)

I don't have time this morning to double-check the rainfall listed in River of Cradles, but I don't think it's much. That too is reduced due to Genert's death (there's a feedback cycle between the land and the weather even on Earth). It's probably true that even irrigation won't work quite as well as expected due to the lack of the land god, but there simply isn't enough water, at least outside Prax proper in the Wastes.

Townspeople are smelly because they have fixed outhouses -- nomads don't let their waste pile up on one place.