Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #433

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:27:25 -0600

>From: "Gian Gero" <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
>Subject: Praxian babies

 I also see the Praxian society as quite as strongly
>influenced by Eiritha as it is by Waha. So Eiritha "herds" and "mothers" any
>child, IMG, even chaotic tainted ones and then handles them to Spirits or
>Waha shamans to decide their destiny. She always speaks for life and
>protection of the weak.

        I agree with the material about Eiritha protecting the weak, but not about saving 'mildly chaotic' babies. For a Praxian, any chaos is all chaos. There's no way to quantify chaos to the Storm Bull chaos sense. A baby with a malformed foot due to chaos is just as chaotic as any broo. Allow it to live and it will insinuate chaos into society, and pretty soon it will spread everywhere.

        I guess I think of chaos as a sort of radioactivity. Even in small quantities is contaminates everything it comes across, and then those things may spread the contagion further.

Andrew E. Larsen