sexuality

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:35:04 EST

In a message dated 2/29/00 7:43:11PM, you write:

<< Ok, take two at answering my own questions... everyone please attack me!>>

Initial skirmish would be a comment that your point of view has a 'too modern' feel to it. Terms like 'consenting' , 'alimony', 'equal legal status' are, IMO not concepts that would occur to a Gloranthan.

  << For Lunars, sex is both sacred and profane. What Pelorian noble would journey
 without a fellatrix in his personal retinue? >>

But this is because Lunar Pholosophy has released them from their previous repressed status. It would be (IMO) a reaction against Dara Happan prudishnss.

 << LUNAR SEXUALITY>>

I do not believe that their is a 'Lunar' culture anywhere in Peloria that's values are represented in the society as you describe it. Therefore while:

"Only a person who has balance is truly healthy.  Androgyny is encouraged."

may be a valid Lunar POV for an individual, I do not believe that this POV would exist in a generally accepted and culturally dominant form. I do not think there is a city in Peloria where an outsider would say "oh yes, these people think encourage androgyny " but rather "in some cities of Peloria some people believe that androgyny is good"

I also do not think the Lunars are into restricting anything. They are inclusive afterall. Thus the 'Lunars' would not restrict kissing or public groping but the Dara Happans would, the Danfive Xarons would, the Carmanian Magi would, the Yanafali Officer corp s would discourage it etc etc.

Keith N