Thed

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:17:04 -0600

> Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 16:14:39 +0100
> From: "Christoph Kohring" <ChOK_at_bluewin.ch>
> Subject: Re : The Glorantha Digest V7 #420
>

> I think it strange that in Glorantha the deity of rape is a
> rapee & not a
> rapist. The blame-it-on-the-victim game as usual... All hail the macho
> chauvinist pig (bull ?!) !!!

The myth about this appears in KING OF SARTAR. Basically, Thed comes to Orlanth seeking justice because she has been raped. Orlanth promises her justice, and Thed reveals that her rapist is Orlanth's kinsman Ragnaglar. The Broo are Thed's revenge for the horror that Ragnaglar inflicted upon her (i.e., Orlanth's wife and daughters will have to fear what happened to Thed). She did not invite the rape, but she inflicts it upon the womenfolk of those who raped her. It ain't the blame-it-on-the-victim game at all.

Guy