Demivierges

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 11:16:36 +1300

Christoph Kohring:

Me>> The Court of the Demiverge of Rhigos is the most likely source of
>> such contraptions.

>Now, Peter, I think you are on to something here, even if only unwittingly !
>I had always wondered - like most of you too I'm sure- how the Demivierge of
>Rhigos managed to stay/become a half-virgin ?!? (Because, that is what
>"demi-vierge" means after all... )

I was under the impression that it came from the Greek Demoiourgos, the Worker for the People, based on Demos (people as in democracy) and ergos (worker c.f. the erg). Plato uses it to denote the Creator in his writings, and the Gnostics used it in the cosmology to distinguish the maker of this corrupt world from the Godhead. So it sounds like a God Learner title to me. I've not heard of the half-cock derivation before but it must have some validity.

>But all real men of the Holy Country know that rhigan males are
>only half-cocks, "demiverges" as they say in Esrola

A slight quibble. Esrola is where the eunuchs are prominent, loyally serving their queens who keep their severed members on hand. Rhigos is in Porthomeka which was conquered by the Caladrans, who attempted to marry Sky and Earth there in the Imperial Age and only partially succeeded and so the institution of Eunuchs is not practiced here. Hence I don't think the Esrolians would know Rhigos as a land of half-cocks as they themselves are worse off.

However MOB has suggested that Eunuchs who have their members destroyed, eventually gather to the court of the Demiverge where she satisfies them in some manner too-scandalous-to-be- repeated-here.