Green Age Pavis

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:47:20 EST

In a message dated 3/2/00 7:46:38PM, you write:

<< Tangentially, this is what Pavis was trying to do in the first place, wasn't it?>>

I think it was, although his exact motivation is still unclear to me. (I still don't know, frex, whether he is a goodie, a baddie, a cunning schemer, or an agent of other powers. Recently I am more persuaded that he is a Goodie)

<< Become a new Genert, I mean, not resurrect the original.>>

I think the resurrect Genert idea was an Issaries and possibly Middle Sea Empire plot (hence Caarith the Desert Tracker) and that Pavis was doing it another way.

<< He doesn't come
 across as being a conqueror, rather as a ruler by example, which strikes me  as a very much pre-Storm Age idea. There are more parallels also: his  "giant" allies, his union of Elder peoples. His major flaws, of course, were  that he didn't include the Trolls (since they weren't on the surface in the  Green age) and did not was not recognized as ruler by the nomads  (splintered and factionalized without their Tada).>>

The history of Pavis can be loosely interpreted as the godtime cycle played out in historical time:

Celestial Court - Runic Powers - Godlearners - robcradle Dragonewt Form Rune - EWF era
Plant Rune - Green Age: - Pavis born, half elf.

<< Anyway, this has been kicking around in my head for years. Has it been  discussed before, or is it so obvious that no one talks about it any more?

 Naively,

 Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca

As long as I don't get started on Pentan linguistics we should be OK.

Keith N