Praxian rain

From: Thomas Gottschall <Silkeyes_at_mailandnews.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:54:05 +0100

Hi everyone,

Gian wrote:
> I don't see why Genert's death should reduce the amount of rain in
Prax. Is Genert anyway connected with Heler, I wonder? I assumed that, since Heler is a Stormy God-lass and since Winds are so strong in Prax (Urox's Breath et cetera) even Heler could be strong, there. At least I never read the opposite. <

Now I have never thought of it before, but it feels totally wrong for me to call Heler the rain god of Prax. I always thought that Heler was very exculsive to the Orlanthi myths. But how many Praxians are Orlanthi ? For me a small minority. I do not see him bringing rain to Prax. And I can believe that Genert was (or still is?) not only connected to the Earthly aspects of fertility of Prax but also to rain. Could it be that while Ernalda is the Earth, Flamal is the plants and someone else is the rain, Genert was the one who was responsible for stability and that everyone of the gods got what he needed for his well being ? And when he was killed all went to waste, since the link between all of them was missing ?

Just a thought...
bye, Thomas

"Dreams are the best things reality has to offer..."

NEW email: Thomas_at_Silkeyes.de
Sartar page : http://Sartar.silkeyes.de
Telmori page : http://Telmori.silkeyes.de