Uleria and ZZ

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:43:24 -0600

>From: "Loren Miller" <loren_at_ioxy.com>
>Subject: RE: All You Need is Love... and a hot iron
>
>Kmnellist_at_aol.com
>> Boggles Zoran (who sounds like a PG Wodehouse character to me)
>> injures Kargan
>> Tor creating powerful crystals used by Pre Dawn humans to conquer their
>> neighbours. Is not decieved by Tylenea (maybe Issaries in a more 'modern'
>> version), or burnt by Truth. Only Uleria satisfies Boggles Zoran
>> by offering
>> her Body of Love.
>
>That's good! You wrote one more sentence that I'll extract and riff on.
>
>> I don't think a Ulerian would 'beat' anybody
>
>Heheheh. That depends what kind of beating is under discussion. Perhaps in
>the Myth ZZ learns that pleasure can be the result when the right person
>brings out cat-o-nine-tails and restraints. Now we know one more service
>provided to Death Lords by the local temple dungeon. I think this is getting
>close to an x-rating now so I'll stop.
>
>Though the Ulerian is at least bruised from the encounter and likely beaten,
>bloodied, and in considerable pain, albeit "accidentally so", the fruit of
>this union is the hero child, an appropriate blessing for a seduction hero
>quest, who will have immortality or some other hero power innately. The hero
>child will grow up to fight chaos, and young ZZ's manifest mental block
>against love, signified by his inert and unwilling member, is broken.

        That's another perfectly reasonable Ulerian quest. I don't see any reason why she can't be opposed to ZZ in one quest and be 'working with him' in another. Perhaps she demonstrated the impotency of hatred to him in the first case and then undid it in the second case. When Hate and Love run smack into each other, all sorts of messiness can result. I like this, because it has nice echoes of Aphrodite and Ares.

Andrew E. Larsen