Khan currency.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:15:58 EST

In a message dated 3/3/00 7:45:14PM, you write:

<< And cattle is the only currency any good Khan will be likely to  own (items and weapons are less likely and have a less objective value to be  considered effective "currency"). >>

I disagree here. I do not think Khans, or men generally, own very many animals at all. The herds, IMO, are owned by the Eirithans. The male Praxians only really own their riding beasts and those beasts that they have captured in raids. The male contribution to the Praxian diet is slaughtered herd animal, preferably raided from another tribe, and hunted game. The female contribution to the diet is milk and blood from live animals, and gathered plant foods/insects/grubs. The dubious status of shamanic egg eating is due, IMO, to the not quite Death aspect of eggs - they are a gathered food. This makes it unclear in the Way of Waha whether men or women should gather them and, rather than be contraversial they abstain. I think male calves are often slaughtered but they are gifted to the men first.

Keith N