Bliss in Ignorance and Tibet

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:00:35 +1300

Terra Incognita:

ABF>>You've lost me (again): how does this fit in with Kralorela?
>>Comparisons between Tibet and KraLor are generally to do with the
>>Darudism/Lamaism comparison, not Kralorela invading anyplace else.

>Sorry, my sense of fun sometimes borders to use between "current" historical
>analogue and "classical" analogue. Gentle Dalai Lama still have exiled to
>India, Marxism China still domained Holy Buddhism land: simpathetic and
>coardice to real worldness.

Bliss in Ignorance is not analogous to the political situation in modern tibet. It is not even ruled by Kralorela. The Mandarins there have been exiled for some crime or another and because of the spiritual backwardness of the natives, they end up dominating Ignorance. The Mandarins cope with their exile in many ways - some are genuinely contrite and try to improve the lot of the natives whereas others simply govern the natives for their own benefit. Can Shu has managed to unify Ignorance under his rule and is marshalling his country to exact revenge against those who exiled him. Hence interesting times are looming for Kralorela (especially in light of its new defence policy - give up all war).