Genert worship

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:26:58 EST

In a message dated 3/8/00 8:49:26AM, you write:

<< But I'm very interested in opinions of the old-style RuneQuest Runes that  people think are attached to the worship of Genert when such existed

Speaking as an old-style Runequest Rune myself, my opinion is that Genert would possess Fertility, Earth, and, possibly Harmony. Given that the remnants of his religion/pantheon are earth cults at the Paps, and that Copper (from the Copper Sands) is directly Earth linked. One of his subcults (Ronance) is connected with Mobility and Fertility, two (3bean, Good Shepherd) are connected with Harmony.

I wonder if he should really have had a Genert Rune like Pamalt has. Since the Runes are, IMO, godlearner constructs to abstract the universe for the purposes of their calculations it would make sense to me for them to invent a symbol simply for balance.

Keith N