Re: Shadow Cats of Bodmin Moor

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:00:08 EST

Alex:

<< Apparently not all 'alynx' are 'shadowcats' though, which has the faint
whiff of a naff retcon to me, but one will have to wait and see exactly what Anaxial has to say on the matter before making such a judgement.>>

     Technically, 'shadowcat' is the term for a wild alynx, but I suspect that in everyday Heortling usage, the terms are interchangeable.

<< It may be unlikely in Official Glorantha as well, since it's not clear
that housecats as such actually exist. (Though this would be highly odd, IMO.) >>       Not only do they exist and have stats in Anaxial, but they have an actual myth in that book, too. In the likely event that AR has not been published by the time of Convulsion, I will recount said myth at the Storytelling thingy on Sunday night (assuming a similar schedule for the Con as previous years). The myth has been approved by Greg, so the existence of Gloranthan housecats is as official as one could want.

    IMO, however, the Heortlings do not themselves have housecats, as they have moggy-sized alynxes to hunt mice for them instead.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky