Mongolian Empire

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:57:50 +0900

Another Approach to Seleran Empire:
Sheng Seleris Son of Sun (This term is refered from Redline History)

If we seek another type of World-wideness in Old World differ from Roman Empire: Mongolian Empire was Greatest in Historical Realm and Territorial Term.
(Their reign was short and Roman was more flexible to administrate large territory with
"Great Cost" of Identity.)

Europians generally have underestimated Role of Tatar Empire simply because they believe to see them as Legions of Taltaros in Greek Mythology: I think they should have been more respected as mentioned in Journalist Daniel Boorstin 1983 "The
Discoverer".

Of course, Islamic historical View is differ from Chinese historical View as cultural view difference to History itself. (And the two sides both underestimated role of the other side in the Empire.)

Empire Expansion:
these events are contempolary of Europian Crusade (and many blunders) Patriarch Innocent 4th (1223-1254) of Catholic Church sent a letter to Mongolian Khan Guyuk before Lose of Wahlstatt 1241 with his "innocence" to Worldwideness. Christian dissapointment losing Fantasy of Appearance of Prester John Empire was so big that they could ignore debt to Gratitude for Mongolian cleansing od Islamic cultural threat.

Mongol Empire (or Talar: but this term rather Westernized, I think Mongol is more accurate name of Tribe include the Man later become Genghis Khan (means Great Lord of Light) history. First, Blue Wolf Temsin (it means "Man of Iron") was born Borderland of Empire Jin dynasty: Tunguisic Manchurian royal family. He appeared many Chronicles as Great Spirit of Wasteland and Aweness. But his glory in Asian Latter Dynasties were vast, and many Khans and Sultans used his inheritance as glorious as Timur (His birth was in low class). Modern Mongolians use his name as God of Cultural Unity: POV dominates this domain.

History through Mongol have descripted many whole extermination of Enemy Folks and "slaughter of alcazar". But this is also indicates ancient Alienity to Modern Daylike Morality and narrow capacity of old day to Generosity. Truth is not efficient to explain circumstance of that days.

"Travels of Marco Paolo" was filled with many window-dressing and fantasy of Ghostwriter of Marco. (Fantasy resource?) but it also hints some personality of
Khan Khubilai (though it was also he that ordered to attack Japan oversea.) Three Venetians thrived in his generosity and Openness of His imperial Doctrine without territorial border and cultural acceptance. Il Tatar historians wrote chronicles of Mongolian Empire and they were used in Symbol of Empire of Timur or Tamerlane (It Timur Cripple) and Indian Mughal Empire Padishahs.

IMO, Antigod Concept of Sheng Seleris Personality was Cause of Recent Greggery and
still some possibility to restoration of Son of Sun. Some Mongolian Empire resources are utilized such as "Three Brothers divided The World" in Fortunate Succession:

Mongolian had Nomadic or Germanic Karolingern "Barbaristic" inheritance law rather than First Son inheritance of more Oriental Centralized Imperial Structure. (Even Islamic or Chinese Qing Dynasty (with many nomadic tradition) Halim generally used First Prince to Post of Successor.)

AFAIK, Convulsion2K test Redland (or K'Har As Zing) Rebellion under Administration of Greg Stafford: I expect some more description about Pentan Horde of Nomad and circumstance of 100 years of Glory of Seleran Empire.

Johm Hughes NAT?:

>The world of Glorantha is complex, engrossing, occasionally frustrating,
yet
>always tremendous fun. It's a contemporary example of a shared fantasy
>world, a psychological and social creation whose ancestors include
Gilgamesh
>and Dante, the Egyptian 'Book of the Dead', 'The Journey to the West
>(Monkey)', Edward Abbott Abbott's 'Flatland' and the thought worlds of
>Albert Einstein. To enter Glorantha is begin an other-worldly journey.
>Throughout human history, such journeys and worlds have served as vehicles
>for our stories and myths, vehicles for our hopes, fantasies, and wildest
>dreams, places of wonder and adventure, testing grounds for our conceptions
>of what can and cannot be.

Profoundness maybe ate originality: (please read this head with smell and itch to eyes
 of onion stimulation. (imagination))

Firefly in Great Darkness