More of Gollum's questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:00:06 +1300

Master Gollum:

>After War of Dragonkill in 1120 the Dragon Pass convert a dragonewt and
>uz domain.

The Beast People were also very strong.

>I ask me, how is possible that orlanthi conquist this land?

The Dragonewts were never very populous and the troll strength in Dragon Pass was destroyed after they picked a fight with the 'newts in 1222 (this even broke the troll dominance of the Kingdom of Night). The Grazers entered Dragon Pass shortly afterwards so the Uz never had a chance to recover.

>What is the
>actual (HW time) importance of dragonewts in Sartar?

The Dragonewts do damned little but humans using draconic magics (learned from the same 'newts) will achieve heroic deeds, such as awakining the Brown Dragon and pulling down the Red Moon.

>Is the power of
>inhuman king slight? Why didn't he oppose to lunar invasion?

Dragonewts do not think like humans do and the Inhuman King least of all. The Lunars have not invaded Dragonewt territory so there is no reason for him to declare war on the Lunars. Furthermore the Lunars have managed to hire Dragonewts in their battles.

>Princeros,
>Dinacoli, Vantaros and Malani are near Dragon's Eye; how is the relation
>between orlanthi tribes and them?

Last time anybody was close to the Dragonewts, the end result was the Dragonkill War. Thus the Orlanthi treat the 'newts politely and keep their distance.