Rule1

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:33:03 GMT

Application of Rule n01:

<<Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:17:59 -0800
From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Subject: Re: Having fun on all levels
>Well, yes and no IMHO. The point of roleplaying games is to have fun (it's
>a game after all) *roleplaying*. Otherwise there is no reason to call them
>RPGs, no?

Actually, no. They are called role playing games because the 'playing piece' in this game is a character with a detailed persona. Therefore playing
the game is akin to taking on a role. There is no aim inherent in this that says you must 'act like your character' or some such. That is a style of play issue and is advocated in some systems, especially live-action versions. The first RPGs certainly were never intended to be played as such since they were all wargamers writing them.>>

Good show, Eric. I subscribe your POV, here. Ciao
Gian