Re: Kallyr & Polaris

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:50:03 -0000

Guys (esp. Pete Metcalfe), don't waste your time.

I got handed quite a lot of material about Kallyr when I was being asked to write stuff for HW. (And some day, Greg may actually answer his email, and I'll be able to carry on).

The star is from Polaris. There's a lot more to it than that, but believe me, it's Polaris. Not Orlanth. Yes, she and Polaris get on really well. Well, they used to, anyway.... and I'd better stop there before I give away secrets.

There is a myth on my site about Polaris: a myth that links him and Vinga. I should perhaps point out in this context that this myth is NOT official, and the rumour that Kallyr used it to get her star (etc) is unconfirmed.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/