Humakti in Alkoth

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 18 09:02:12 2000

<< Step 2: You are grabbed by the guards, forced onto a chopping block and then
 beheaded with a reed axe. Though the axe does not bite your flesh, it does  bite your soul. In effect you feel dead, you feel seperation of soul and  body and the full horror of that, yet they inhabit the same point and can  interact as normal.

Keith asks:
>I assume that this makes entering Alkoth to be off limits for Humakti. Or at
>least leaving Alkoth, since they would be being ressurected. Am I correct in
>thinking this?

No, because Humakti do not acknowledge the seperation and reunifiaction one feels on entering and leaving Alkoth as being true death. The recognise the ambiguity as being the reason for their cults ways. To Humakti severance is a true sundering of soul and body. What the Alkothi practice is the bringing of underworld and upper world together, to a time when the living and the dead were walking together. The Humakti would in some ways do a similar thing when entering the underworld on a HQ themselves. True death is something they cannot come back from. A Humakti in Alkoth can come back out and be alive, after feeling dead. Seeing as this would be impossible to a Humakti if it were _true_ death, the experience cannot be true death at all, and is therefore not a problem!

>Also, do non-Alkothi who leave the city feel the urge to join
>the Humakt cult as per normal resurrectees?.

Possibly, but only if it were part of the pantheon. Dara Happans would not think in this manner. They might worship Bijiif Yelm or perhaps Deshkorgos as a result of the experience but those who enter the city are prepared usually and are adept enough to handle the experience.

Martin Laurie