Non humans of the Pass

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 07:47:52 EST

In a message dated 3/17/00 7:45:15PM, you write:

<< 20.000 are the dragonwets of Dragon Pass. If most of them live Dragon's  Eye lands, how subsist? I think for hunter society is impossible  maintain a great city, it need some infrastructure. If orlanthi farmer  the land they take dragonwet habitat. Where hunter after? For feed  20.000 mouth it need a lot of food!>>

IF you take the Dragonewt cities of as being reasonably similar, with the Dragon's Eyes about three times the normal size then you get approx. 2500 newts per city. I think it beter to refer to the cities as nests because I don't believ ethe newts have much of a home life, they don't hang around at home like humans do, they are out doin weird things all over the countryside. Bear in mind that dragonewts, unlike most other intelligent creatures, don't have children to bring up, or old folks to look after, and therefore have it relatively easy on a survival front. Also, don;t spend too much time worrying about their diet because I think that it is as mysterious as the rest of dragonewt behaviour. I picture them as, for the most part, carnivores that feed irregularly and infrequently. From a hunting POV also remember that with their roads they can cover huge ranges in search of prey.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #471