Garhound

From: Bob Stancliff <stancliff_at_ccgnv.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:08:04 -0500

> Andreas wrote:
> I'm just GMing the Scenario Melisandes Hand out
> of Sun County. I realized some peculiarities I'd
> like your comment/help on:

        It is true that there are some weird mistakes and oversights. Garhound should certainly be north of the river or it would be in Sun County. The best solution is to turn the map over and reverse the North arrow. Make sure the river still flows to the Zola Fel.

        The guy who wrote the Jaxarte story might not be the one who wrote 'Melisand's hand', so errors like this happen. If you can show that Jaxart came through before your Garhound contest, then you could say that the bridge is new construction. If later. you might say that the bridge burned down, or nomads destroyed it, and Jaxart had to use the ford during the period before rebuilding occurred.

        Under the RQ rules, all but one or two of the temples are really shrines. There should be a minor temple to Ernalda by adding worshippers from the country side, and there might be a minor temple to 7 Mothers, but I doubt it. The combined shrines to the Lightbringers might be stretched to be considered as a temple, but I doubt that, also.

        Horses are used in Garhound because the writer assumes that the Scritian Orlanthi use horses (valid), which includes Garhounders, and that the nomads have not been able to destroy them yet. Sun County has probably started using horses again since New Pavis was built, though they are probably reserved for the military elite troops at the moment. Remember that Yelmalioans can learn Kuschille Horse Archery if they have access to horses. They would want this to happen.

> Why should Stikklebrix, the Pol Joni brave, not
> care about wounding horses?

        I am not sure what you refer to, my memory fails me, but I consider Stikklebrix to be very 'not my problem' about the care of someone else's horses.
Stancliff (the other Boggle)

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #477