Re: Spirit Magic in HW

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:42:48 EST

Bryan Maloney:

<< I thought that common folk magic would just fall into the same set of "magick-ish" feats/abilities/whatnots as the rest of HW, just with fewer wuuble-yews next to the numbers... Isn't that what "scalability" comes down to? It's the most elegant solution I could come up with from looking at the truncated rules. >>

     Exactly so. 'Spirit' magic specifically, would be what HW calls Animist Magic, presumably to avoid confusion with the RQ term. Its magic that comes from the spirits, but it can be relatively weak if you're a starting character, or stonkingly deadly if you're an experienced shaman with multiple masteries in Summon Scary Things From The Beyond. But what RQ2 called battle magic (and RQ3, somewhat erroneously, IMO, called 'spirit magic') is just low powered theist or animist magic in HW, not any specific tradition or set of rules.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky