"Arkat the Argrath" or "Argrath the Arkat" ?!?

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:57:24 +0100

> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:17:04 -0500
> From: "Bob Stancliff" <stancliff_at_ccgnv.net>
> Subject: RE: The Glorantha Digest V7 #477
>
>> The problem is, "Argrath" is as much a title as
>> a name, meaning "liberator"
> I am convinced that this is only true in King of Sartar where the writer
> is living in the fourth age. Argrath only started to be a synonym for
> liberator because that is what he accomplished. Before he became king of
> dragon Pass, Argrath was just an uncommon name.

> Stancliff (the other Boggle)

In my own private Glorantha, "arkat" became the word for "liberator" in the theyalean language of the west orlanthi (ralians), wheras in Maniria & Peloria it transformed itself into "argrath". So that this wily Garrath Swordsharp guy very astutely saw the word-play he could do with his name & exploited it to the max !

Christoph Kohring http://proLibertate.org

War-cry (i.e. slogan) of the Vinga cult after 1621 S.T. (Quoted in H. T. Black's "The Once & Future Queen"; Jonstown, SA: Royal Library of Startar Press, 1675 S.T. [the typo seems intended]}