Prax and Horses

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:38:35 EST

In a message dated 3/21/00 5:55:35PM, you write:

<< I'm aware that

 this stands in contrast to the fact of Pol Joni in Prax _and_ the  Wastes, but maybe
 their horse magic is stronger than Yelmalios (Or, shame on me, are the  Pol Jonis
 Yelmalions? They are Yelmist, aren't they?).>>

The Pol Joni are Orlanthi in origon but have been influenced by nomad practices, they are not Yelmist, even if they have a remote and extremely tenuous link with the Solar Pure Horse People.

<< All in all, I view most riders of non-nomadic origin riding zebras,
 since they
 resemble horses the most and they can use their riding skills at full  value (ugly
 rules-lawyer-reason, isn't it). Due to the close relationship between  zebras and
 horses, I wouldn't expect a normal Orlanthi to discriminate between them

I don't really agree with the zebra taxi rank, although it is a reasonable idea, I wouldn't describe it as a thriving business. Personally, I would make zebra riding similar but not identical to horse riding, because zebra have a different temperament to horses.

Keith N