Dragonewts as Mercenaries

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 06:56:49 -0000

Bob wrote:

> I have always been bothered by the 'newts hiring out mercenaries to the
> lunars, so in my game, this military aid was coerced by the lunars and
> resented by the 'newts. To restore their karmic balance they covertly
> aided Orlanth ...

As I wrote recently, the 'newts may have been serving in the forces of the presumed rightful King of Dragon Pass (or the next best thing, anyway). This is an office with considerable mythic/mystic power, and one closely linked to the Sibilant Tongue of Ouroboros. While your explanation is good fun and slightly weird, it is perhaps too easy to understand to be "true".

Now, of course, if the Tarshite bids to become KoDP were partly motivated by their desire to get groovy purple Dnewt warrior counters into their stacks...

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick