OT or OT ? That is the question !

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:54:16 +0100

> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:16:54 -0000
> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
> Subject: OT: Tax Thread
>
>>> "Taxation is theft !" Murray N. Rothbard
>
>> Isn't that the truth...
>
> Off-topic. Take your personal opinions to somewhere more appropriate, like
> (say) rec.games.frp.misc (alas! :-(
>
> Of course, a Gloranthan post by Murrion Redbeard (Lhankor Mhy fiscal wizard)
> explaining why taxation is always evil could be amusing.

Of course, you're right. Why didnt it occur to me ?!? Murrion Redbeard the Fiscalist... I like it ! Wish I had thought of it.

> But OT polemics aren't.

Yep, sorry. ("Off-topicry is always an option." "There is always another way." :) ;) :)

> (I'm also a bit bothered by the recent gun-nuttery here, but if we ignore
> it, it'll go away).

Aw, come on Nick, wasn't the following splendidly OT (on-topic) ?!?

"A well-regulated fyrd being necessary for the security of a free tribe, the right of the Heortlings to keep & bear Humakt, Hastatus, Elmal, Babeester, Sagittus & Arran, shall not be infringed."

Second article of the so-called "Bill of Limitations" that the people of Dragon Pass extracted from king Argrath on Orlanth' High Holy Day 1691.

Christoph Kohring, not an arkati-shaman-trickster: just a trickster. ;)

"A well-educated population being necessary for the welfare of a peaceful kingdom, the right of the sartarites to keep & bear quills & parchments, shall not be infringed."

Murrion Readbeard the Fiscalist shortly before his banishment c. 1648...