Re: Hungry Plateau and Waha

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:03:43 -0800

- --------------CC21711CAA04EF75784EB974

The Glorantha Digest wrote:

> From: simon_hibbs_at_lycosmail.com
>
> Two that are missing are Waha and Storm Bull (Storm Buck?),
> as worshiped by the Antelope Lancers from the Hungry Plateau.

After a 1,000 years on the plateau, a long long way from Prax and Waha's domain I do not believe that the Sable Riders still venerate Waha or Storm Bull.

The EWF hired a mercenary band of Sables to go to Peloria and fight Pentans. I do not see many Storm Bulls going that far away from their holy sites and the fight against chaos. When the contract expired many of the riders returned to Prax and I think most of the Storm Bulls that did go would have returned. ergo very few SB in Peloria.

Waha is a spirit that lives in the wastes. I think that it would have been difficult to contact him from the plateau.

I think that they venerate the founder of their new nation. Ancestor worship. They may still think of themselves as Waha's people and may call their founder Wahasson or some such thing but the Praxians would not recognise these gents.

Of course, as always, Your Glorantha Will Vary.

Wesley Quadros
Cruise Director
Celtic Webs Internet Publishing

www.celtic-webs.com
wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com

"Voyage Upon the Oceans of the Mind"

begin:vcard
n:Quadros;Wesley
tel;home:(604) 953-0211
x-mozilla-html:FALSE

url:www.celtic-webs.com
org:Celtic-Webs Internet Publishing
adr:;;213-15220 Guildford Dr;Surrey;BC;V3R0X7;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com title:Cruise Director
fn:Wesley Quadros
end:vcard