Re: Hero Wars Questions

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_usol.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:49:23 -0500

If I may throw in a few details:

>Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:47:33 EST
>From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
>Subject: Re: Hero Wars Questions
>
>Roger McCarthy:
>
><< 1) If a 10w4 character fights a 5w2 character then the contest is resolved
>as 10w2 vs 5 - but does the 10w4 start off with 90 or 50 action points?>>
>
> 90

I'm not sure if this was part of the question, but both parties keep their original AP. The contest will be 10w2 (90 AP) vs. 5 (45 AP).

><< 2) In a melee where several characters are fighting each other are action
>points returned to base level every time a character switches opponent >>
>
> No. APs reset at the end of a scene, and a scene may contain numerous
>contests if there are enough opponents around.
>
> <<3) How exactly do you calculate the effect of combat after the contest
>(i.e whether a character is OK, dazed, hurt, injured, dying or dead) - it's
>not clear at all which if any of the various tables in the summary apply.>>
>
> Assuming the combat was resolved as an extended contest, you match the
>number of negative APs that the loser has against the ordinary consequence
>chart (if I remember its name correctly).

You match the negative number of AP on the second Ordinary Consequences Chart (the second chart under the Extended & Group Extended Contests heading in the Hero Wars Rules Synopsis), then find the Consequence Modifier on the first Ordinary Consequences Chart (the second chart under the Contests heading in the Hero Wars Rules Synopsis). Remember that both participants can end the contest with negative AP.