RQ Cities; King of Sartar

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:32:27 +0100

Victor Lane asked:

> Does anyone own the book RuneQuest Cities? I'm thinking of buying it and
> I was wondering if it's a good book. Thanks.

It's good, if you like that kind of thing. Random encounter tables for cities, much more imaginative than you'd expect, plus some other fun stuff.

I should say that it's not very well integrated with RuneQuest -- the original product was intended to give other ("generic") RPGs some of the advantages of RQ3 (e.g. sensible guidelines for economics and use of time), so when it was refitted for RQ3 without enough editing the result is rather odd.

HCarteau_at_aol.com asked:

> I keep hearing about a "King of Sartar" book and would like to get it. Any
> tips where I can buy it from ? It had better be on the net since I live in
> France. Thanks.

Wizards Attic (a US mail-order distributor) sell it for $19.95 + postage. The URL is http://www.wizards-attic.com/Issaries.html

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick