Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #495

From: Hiroto Kawakami <h-kawakami_at_mail.wics.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:21:12 +0900

Victor Lane wrote
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:36:41 -0800
> From: vlane_at_colusanet.com
> Subject: RuneQuest Cities
>
> Hi
>
> Does anyone own the book RuneQuest Cities? I'm thinking of buying it and
> I was wondering if it's a good book. Thanks.

I do have one. But it is back at home 100km away from me. I'm writing this relying on my memory, so...

RC isn't a Gloranthan material. It's for gateway. But it is quite generic supplement. And you may find it very convenient to describe cities unfamiliar to you. I like this.

It consists of 3 parts.
1st:random event table for city-adventure. (random scenario generator. It may give you some tips on adventure.) 2nd:settling city.
(determining # of building and dwellers'occupation etc.) 3rd:random event table for character-catch-up. (good for mere pastime. it will be very useful for a-few-week-long-catch-up. However, if you apply it for more than a year, there may be munchkin-like-PCs.)

Hiroto Kawakami