Ingkot, Rainbow Mounds, Essential KoS

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:19:23 +0200

Ingkot and the Winter Tribes.
- -----------------

[Joerg Baumgartner]

> Alex-Eel:
>
> > What are the differences between the Summer (i.e. Manirian)
> > and Winter (i.e. Pelorian) Tribes?

[answer snip] Many thanks for the complete answer.

> > That alone IMO would qualify him as a Lokama*.
>
> Not so. Ingkot did not try to put himself above his god. He prepared a
> strong civilized Orlanthi state, like many powerful Orlanthi leaders
> before him. (Best known include the Second Council and the EWF,
> regionally best known was the Kingdom of Saird which fought the EWF.)

        Still I think that many in his tribe saw a king who married the daughter of the Evil Emperor, the chief of their atavic foes, and granddaughter of a Chaos Goddess to gain power from on high rather than from his people.

        It's a pity that my players didn't choose this campaign, otherwise I would have turned you into a NPC: Ingkot's teacher and most trusted advisor, Joerg Baumgartnersson - "What right have we to judge what is chaos? After all we are the Devil's relatives!" ;)))

Rainbow Mounds.
- ---------------
[Osentalka_at_aol.com]

> "Alexandre Lanciani" <alexanl_at_tin.it> spoke about the
> Rainbow Mounds.
> Why it is so uncomlicated for the PCs to move from Apple Lane to
> the Rainbow Mounds, without Malani warriors asking them were they are
> going?

        Maybe they are afraid of the Dragonwet plinth and so avoid the entire area? Could this be an answer?

Essential KoS

        DLoD too contains the description of an entire clan, with personalities and customs, and IMO one of best (not very heroic) campaign series that have been written for RQ3.

	Cheers,
	A talastari Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #504