Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #505

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:51:45 -0600

>From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
>Subject: Mucking around with the myths
>
>> So, the faint groundwork is laid for a new myth of Orlanth
>>punishing Ragnaglar.
>> Reactions?
>
>Very quick thinking on the part of your players. I'm not sure how
>magically valid it was but the Broo Heroquester put himself in your
>players' hands by his own choice. The match between himself and Thed was
>imperfect and that probably allowed the change in the re-enactment in
>the first place.
>
>Thus do I retroactively justify what finally happened....

        Yes, it was an imperfect match, because the PCs did have an opportunity to refuse the justice demanded. That would have led to a very ugly fight, but they could have done it. The obvious thing for the broos to have done was attack the PCs and take them prisoners, thus limiting their ability to refuse, but that seemed too heavy-handed.

Andrew E. Larsen