Void metaphysics

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 16:23:09 +1200

Julian Lord:

GG>> The purposes of Chaos and of Dragonewts are opposed, not similar
>> IMO. Yes, there are affinities: both devour and both refuse the
>> material balanced world in Time, but, a big BUT, for altogether
>> different reasons.

>YES. Chaos Void and Mystic Void are two different Voids.

The chaotic void would be the mystic void turned inside out (c.f. Salonar Tamaskil's speculations in Cults of Terror, sidebar p19).

>the Orlanthi/GL explanation of the void is simply Non-Mystic,
>and incompatible with dragonewtism.

I wouldn't say this. Rather that Orlanthi only know of the Chaotic void and they are deeply suspicious about adopting mystical practices from foreigners given they have already been burned twice as a result of past practices (once by Nysalor and the other by the EWF).